“A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another, even as I have loved you, that you also love one another. By this all will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another.” John 13:34-35 NIV
Organizing informal social activities that focus on building authentic relationships with pre-Christians in a non-threatening environment.
Practical Community ideas or insights:
- Pass out hot chocolate on cold days and bottled water on hot days.
- Promote random acts of kindness on campus using TAG resources below.
- Anything with food will draw students. *Note* Most students are hungry at 10:30am because they don’t eat breakfast.
- Host a Thanksgiving meal for the college basketball team before tournaments.
- Host an informal night of worship with games and giveaways.
- Krunk Kab – Organize a bus or van to pick up drunk students on campus. Give them a free ride home and show them the unconditional love of Christ. Talk with your authorities before attempting this one!
Community outreach websites:
Outreach – Creative ideas
OnMission – Step by step ideas and strategies.
Servantevangelism – Huge list of ideas
Alpha USA – At an Alpha course people explore the Christian faith in a relaxed setting over ten thought-provoking weekly sessions, with a day or weekend away.
Below are some helpful resources to help you engage your campus. For a complete list of the resources available to you on this site please go to our materials page.